Friday, October 2, 2015

Fukuya

Fukuya, or literally translated as The House of Happiness according to their website, serves authentic japanese cuisine. I knew about this restaurant from a friend, I did some online research on it and decided to give it a try! Fukuya is located at Jalan Delima, which is just right beside Levain. They do provide parking for customers in front of their restaurant. The restaurant was designed in the idea of reminiscing the wealthy family home back in those times. Too bad it was a rainy day and I didn't manage to snap any photo of the restaurant but I can tell it looks exactly like what they shown in their website! I love the ambiance and setting of the restaurant, they do have small tables suitable for intimates dates and large table for a group meal and even a few private rooms for customers who made special reservation. My boyfriend made reservation earlier just to avoid disappointment upon our visit. Upon arrival, we were greeted by one of the staff and were led to our table. They provide set menu as well as a la carte menu. We decided to have traditional set dinner menu or known as Yu-Shoku Zen. I had sashimi set (RM110) and my boyfriend had tempura set (RM92).  

Appetizer. 
Grilled scallop, tamago, eggplant, jellyfish, shishamo and fried fish.


Chawanmushi. I love this!


Sashimi that comes together with tempura set but boyfriend doesn't eat sashimi so I had them all.
And yes, the tempura for my set went into his stomach. 
Too bad I forgot to take a photo of it.


My main course. 
Rice, pickles, miso soup and assorted sashimi.


His main course.


Honey dew as dessert.
Very fresh and sweet!

Overall, it was a great dining experience. Their staffs were very attentive and the pacing of the meal was consistent but I wish it could be slower by a bit for slow eater like me. Would come back to try our their kaiseki next time. 

Fukuya
No 9, Jalan Delima, 
55100 Kuala Lumpur. 
03-21441022/1077 
Visit their website for more info. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment